10 Comments

1. ·

Sometimes it’s good to have a project that we may or may not actually get around to finishing one day, but it’s still nice to have it available whenever we feel like picking it back up for a bit. That said, I hope you get a chance to finish up your cardigan…looks like it’s turning out quite nicely.

2. ·

This is a wonderful concept Margaret. It made me smile.

I have a friend who is touring along with the Giro (as a travelling cyclist not a competitor) and I think it’s great fun to know there’s a whole lot of yarn spinners spinning their wheels in tandem!

Projects starting with excitement and left unfinished? Too many to count 🙂

3. ·

I’m not into watching cycling events but sounds like a great incentive to create something while you watch. Good luck Margaret 😀

4. ·

I have a determined streak, Margaret. When I start a project, i finish it… 🙂 Having said that, I’m very choosy about what I start…
    Love your knitting! I used to be keen on it, but I haven’t picked up the needles for over twenty years.

1. ·

Hi Margaret – I love all your bird photos 🙂 I think my problem with knitting is that I really can take it or leave it – it’s the spinning which is in my soul/blood and then there’s too much yarn lying around. I must become like you and stick things out to the end I think.

5. ·

Unfinished projects? Yes I do. I have a crocheted afghan started that got put “on hold” a few years back when I began writing. It’s still waiting. It seems I’m one of “those people” who get deeply involved in something for long periods of time, and then drop them. The odd thing is my writing took over and I haven’t really looked back. So until this phase burns out (if it ever does) that project will just have to lie there, unhappily unfinished.

6. ·

Dear Margaret. Thanks for your response to my blog. I would love to meet up. We are house sitting while our house is built at Electrona. Currently at Blackmans Bay, but next month it will be Sandford, then October/ November, Flowerpot. Do I understand from your posts that you are further down the Channel? I’ll send you a friend request and we can exchange private messages. Felicity Hickman

7. ·

PS I have a spinning wheel, unused for 25 years, in storage….waiting for the house to be built. I do have dreams of spinning again – so maybe I could join your group!?